Spleen Acupoint 4 helps with many digestive problems. Some benefits of using this point are that it can also help with insomnia and restlessness. I don’t know about you, but many of those I know who experience reflux also have difficulties with sleep (me included). Activating this point also helps with maintaining emotional stability – a great help when heartburn pain begins to influence emotions. It is also calming – and especially helpful for worry.
- Medical doctors also share that excess weight adds pressure to the valve that doesn’t close and stay closed, causing reflux and GERD.
- Mints may not be helpful, as they may relax the same valve at top of stomach. (Oh no!, there goes my chocolate chip mint ice cream!)
- Try keeping a food diary so you can identify heartburn food triggers
- This is a go-to for me: wearing loose fitting clothing! I like VERY loose clothing when having symptoms!
- Finally, I read that chewing gum can help. I’ve not tried it; but the article shared that the increased saliva and swallowing, helps wash acid out of esophagus. Seems like sipping water would do the same thing~!
That is it for our 5-week sharing of Energy Medicine ideas for Reflux and GERD.
May Good Health, Happy Days, and a Vital Life be yours!,