What is Mindfulness?
We are all familiar with the term ‘mindful’ as being conscious or aware of something. However, mindfulness, as applied to mindful meditation, is more than our colloquial use of the term. Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and physical sensations without judgement.
Our increased awareness of mindfulness is, in part, due to articles and stories about its health benefits. These health benefits are not the product of merely being conscious of something, nor from being in the present moment now and again. But rather, health benefits occur after training in mindful meditation. During training, participants learn techniques and incorporate them within their daily life. Mindful meditation can occur while sitting, walking, or doing any task or job, so it is convenient and accessible for anyone.
Benefits of Mindfulness
Benefits, as shown in research studies, include –
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety
- Reduction of Pain
- Reduced Fatigue – Improved Sleep
- Greater Vigor and Acting with Awareness
- Fewer Symptoms Associated with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Improved Mood and Mood Regulation
- Decreased Blood Pressure
- Strengthening of the Immune System
- Increased Concentration and Focus
- Reduced Symptoms of Depression
- Reduced Psoriasis
- Reduction of Attention Deficit Disorder Symptoms
- Protection against Decreases in Working Memory
- Sustained Attention Associated with High Stress
Business Hires: For education and training packages for your business, please contact Dr. Rice personally at Valerie@VitaLifeCenter.com.
Scheduling Appointments & Prices
Appointments can be scheduled following a free consultation with Dr. Rice, for prices and descriptions click HERE.